We are getting the rain and wind from the end of Hurricaine Ike. The tornado siren has been going off but I guess I have becaome a southerner as I looked out the window and didn't see sideways rain and green light so I just stayed where I was. I may get suprised one day when I land in Oz.
At least tornados give you warning...earthquakes like to sneak up on you.
I have a friend whose parents live right in Huston I called her to see if they were OK half expecting them to have come to Conway, but she said they were fine, no electricity and the fence was blown down but nothing else amiss.
I have been a news junky lately following the presidential race, weather etc.--as entertaining as anything else. Still am voting for Obama, however charming Palin is. He couldn't do worse and may do better. I think Bush has gotten us into such a hole it will be difficult for whoever becomes president.
OK, how do I connect to all you other guys who have blogs....Allison, Kristy, Kerry...your old aunt is generationally challenged...help!!! I want to get into the scrapbooking that Allison does and be able to see all the pictures of the kids.
I am supposed to be revising my first submission for my e-portfolio (thesis)
but instead I am doing this. I went to visit a friend of mine this afternoon. She had surgery, got an infection and has to pack her wound, so I have been helping her do it. It does come in handy to know a nurse once in awhile.
James is busy with friends, I hear him singing in his room...he used to do that all the time when he was a kid...he has a new kitten called Hannah. She is adorable. I think she is about 8 weeks old. She is frisky but sweet, she crawls in my lap when no one is home and sleeps or curls up on the fuzzy blanket on my bed. I'd post a picture if my camera would work and if I knew how to do it. She is grey with black stripes, usual tabby cat.
I hired 2 new caregivers for Bri, the ones we had for the summer went back to school. I guess this is a never-ending process. Bri has found a friend in the neighborhood--a friend from high school with similar problems.
Well, I guess I have procrastinated enough, it is getting dark and still raining, I turned the air-conditioning up and am pretending it is winter :-).
So I am going to hit the books, kids......really, I really am.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I had to have my sister in law help me know what to write in a blog. It's like an online journal, it's wierd that now people post their journals on the internet and even strangers can see them! I enjoy doing it now and my new hobby is reading blogs of people I know and don't know.
Kathy,
Here is the wed address to everyones blog:
Kristie:
http://toddandkristiecarlson.blogspot.com/2008/09/kids-journals-sept-10.html
Allie:
http://www.azprattfam.blogspot.com/
Kerry:
http://www.kerry-and-brian.blogspot.com/
You favorite woodworker:
http://rickswoodworkingblog.blogspot.com/
Love,
Rick
Her is Kristie's:
http://toddandkristiecarlson.blogspot.com/
Use this instesd of the one in the first comments.
Rick
Kathy,
I'm so happy to see you have a blog! I'll link you up to mine now. To link up, you just go to your customize button, then click on "Add a gadget" then choose "Blog Lists." Then you just put in the blog address you want to link and save it!
Post a Comment